My everyday makeup routine is pretty basic, and it usually only takes around 15 minutes to complete. But, I still manage to leave the house feeling confident (most of the time anyway) because I know what works well for me, and how I like to look.
I’m certainly not suggesting that I’m a pro at makeup, as that’s definitely not the case, but I have a routine that I’ve grown to love. It’s not the most adventurous, or the most exquisite, but I’m happy with it. And, that’s all that matters. So, I thought that I would share it with you in the hope that you’ll either find a product you love, or at least feel that little bit more confident about your own makeup routine.
Plus, most of the products I use are pretty cheap so it just goes to show that you don’t need to spend hundreds of pounds on makeup!
- I don’t use a primer, as I have super sensitive skin and the ones I’ve used in the past have either caused a reaction, or have just made no difference at all. Instead, I moisturise before putting on makeup, using Avon Care Royal Jelly Face Cream.
- Then, I apply the Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation. I really love this foundation, as it hides any blemishes or redness, and stays on all day. It is a little bit more expensive, but it lasts a long time, so I would definitely say it’s worth it.
- To smooth my foundation out further, and give some extra coverage, I then apply W7 Sheer Loose Powder. This is a really cheap product, but I promise you it does the trick!
- For that final touch, I then apply a small amount of Bourjois Blusher to my cheeks. I don’t like to go too overboard with blusher, as I find that it can be a bit overpowering!
- Likewise, I’ve never been one to wear a lot of makeup on my eyes during the day, so all I use is the Telescopic Extra-Black Mascara. But, I swear by it. It’s one of the few mascaras I’ve used that doesn’t clog up my lashes, and leaves them looking extra long!
- Finally, I’ll pop on some lipstick to give me that extra boost of confidence. Recently I’ve been loving pale, cinnamon shades, but on brighter days I’ve been opting for a red lip because it just makes me feel super sexy! On this particular day, I was wearing the New Look Dark Red Lipstick, which is great value. Unfortunately I can’t find the exact one I have on their site, as I bought it in the sale a few months ago, but this is a similar one from their newer range.
And that’s it. Easy, right?
F.Y.I. My boyfriend read this post before I decided to put it up, and told me that it reminded him of the intro to American Psycho. Thanks James.
What’s your favourite product to wear on a typical day?
Don’t forget to follow, with a new post every day at 6pm at during the week, and 1pm on a weekend!