Yesterday, my boyfriend celebrated his 21st Birthday, and I wanted to bake something special that I know he’d love. And, as he’s obsessed with Kinder Bueno, I thought this would be the perfect treat!
There aren’t too many recipes online for this, except for a great one on Jane’s Patisserie, so I’ve followed her recipe as best as I can, but I have made a couple of alterations!
Ingredients for Cupcake Mixture:
- 175g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 175g Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 140g Self-Raising Flour
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- 1/2tsp Hazelnut Flavouring (I actually used Almond as Hazelnut was difficult to find, but either is delicious!)
- 3tbsps Whole Milk
Ingredients for Cupcake Frosting:
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Icing Sugar
- 100g Kinder Chocolate Bars, chopped (I actually used 150g just to make it that little bit more chocolatey, but of course this is up to you – and don’t add too much, as you don’t want it to be too gooey!)
- Chocolate Cupcake Filling
- Any Kinder goodies
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with large cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and the light brown sugar, either by hand or using a Kitchen Aid. Then, add in the eggs, flour, cocoa powder, flavouring, and beat again until fully combined.
- If the mixture seems a little bit stiff, add in some whole milk to make it slightly smoother.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture (as best as you can!) into the cases, and bake for 18-20 minutes. Make sure they’re baked through before removing!
- When the cakes are still warm, but not straight out of the oven, make a small incision in the middle of each cupcake, and squeeze in the easy-fill chocolate filling.
- Then, once the cakes are completely cool, melt the Kinder Bars, either on the hob or in the microwave, until smooth. Leave to cool.
- Separately, beat the butter until smooth and add in the icing sugar, bit by bit, making sure it’s fully incorporated before you add the rest.
- Then, add your cooled, melted Kinder Bars and continue beating – this is much easier using a Kitchen Aid, so if you have one definitely make use of it!
- Finally, frost your cupcakes, and add any decorations you like! I’ve gone for a bit of a mix, with some Kinder Bueno’s, Kinder Chocolate Bars, and Kinder Mini Eggs.
These are absolutely delicious, and I’m sure you’ll love them! They’re a little bit different, but that’s what makes them so great!
If you give them a go, please do let me know how you get on!
Don’t forget to follow, with a new post every day at 6pm during the week, and 1pm on a weekend!