Exams will soon be over, and that means one thing…prom! If you’re anything like I was, you’ll be counting down the days already, and will probably be panicking about what to wear! So, to avoid any last minute problems, or unnecessary stress, I’m going to be providing you with everything you need to have the perfect prom night.
- Comfy shoes – Of course you’ll want to look your best on prom night, but don’t fall into the trap of buying huge, uncomfortable stilettos like I did! You’ll want to spend the night dancing away, and within half an hour those expensive shoes will be off. You can still buy a gorgeous pair, but just make sure you can survive in them for a good few hours! And, if not, take some cosy flats in your handbag!
- Make-up that you’re comfortable with – It can definitely be tempting to pay for professional make-up on prom night, but this certainly isn’t for everyone. I’ve always been a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my make-up, and I know exactly what I like – so, the thought of someone else doing it for me is just petrifying! But, if you do decide that’s what you want then all I would suggest is booking in for a trial before the big night – you don’t want the worry of something going wrong!
- Take a friend as your prom date – There’s often a lot of pressure to have a date to prom (especially in America) but it really isn’t that big of a deal. Once you’ve arrived at prom and had a few photos, chances are you’ll barely see each other for the rest of the night. Instead, go with your friends – you’ll feel so much more comfortable, and it’ll be loads of fun!
- Take lots of pictures (but not so many that you miss out on the fun!) – I have a tonne of pictures from before prom, but very few actually at prom! So, if you want to capture lots of amazing memories then don’t forget to take pictures as the night goes on. You could even take a disposable camera with you, so you don’t have to worry about losing your phone. BUT, remember to enjoy yourself too! Don’t worry about getting the perfect Instagram – that’s not what you’ll look back on in years to come!
- HAVE FUN! – This is by far the most important piece of advice I could give you. When it comes to prom, we can get all caught up in what to wear, and who to go with, but at the end of the day this is a celebration of your school years. So, all you need to do is have a great time and spend it with people you care about!
Is your prom coming up soon? Or, do you have any tips for the perfect night?
Don’t forget to follow, with a new post every day at 6pm during the week, and 1pm on a weekend!