If you’ve been following this blog for a while, you’ll probably know by now that I’m a bit of a foodie, especially when it comes to baking! So, when I was given the opportunity to try out a new recipe, of course I took it up.*
Today, I’m trying out something a little bit different – baking bread, the easy way!
Thanks to the wonderful creation of bread makers, baking your own bread has never been so easy! And, alongside a recipe from The Ideas Kitchen, you have everything you need to create the perfect loaf.
Navigating the website is super easy too, with a reading mode, enabling you to tick off each step as you go – you’ll never mess up a recipe again! As well as this, there’s also a timer, so you don’t have to worry about checking your watch every 5 minutes, either.
After scrolling through all of their wonderful recipes, I finally opted for this Apple and Blackberry Loaf. Looks good, right?
Here’s the recipe.
- 50g Self Raising Flour
- 175g Butter
- Soft Brown Sugar (I would recommend 175g, though this isn’t stated on the website).
- Cinnamon (I would recommend just a pinch)
- 2 rounded tbsp Demerara Sugar
- 1 Apple
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 225g Blackberries
1. Beat the eggs and quarter the apple, without removing the skin and core.
2. Put the flour, butter and sugar into a bowl. Rub together with your fingers until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Set aside 5tbsp of this mixture and combine with the spice and Demerara sugar, to use for the topping.
3. Grate the apple into a mixing bowl and combine with the eggs – be careful not to cut your fingers!
4. Stir the baking powder into the flour mix and quickly and lightly stir in the egg mixture, being careful not to over mix.
5.Carefully fold in 3/4 of the blackberries and spoon the mixture into the prepared bread pan. Scatter the remaining blackberries on top and sprinkle the topping on.
6. Set ‘BAKE’ on your bread maker for 1 hour. Or, if your bread maker doesn’t have this setting, use an equivalent.
7. Allow to cool on a drying rack. Best served with fresh cream or yoghurt.
If you enjoyed that, you can find plenty more here. Though I did have to work out a couple of quantities for myself, the recipe is nevertheless great, and super tasty. I would definitely recommend giving it a go!
What do you think?
*This post has been sponsored. However, all opinions are my own.